Summer Specials: Oh My Gosh

Thursday 21 July 2011
Hi Everyone :)

Hope your all doing well! Seeing as I haven't posted properly in a while, I thought I'd hit off the summer with a new series - Summer Specials! Featuring all I have been loving this past month, what I'm loving in those to follow, and throwing in a couple of competitions along the way!

So first up, we have every make-up lover's summer essential, a bronzer...


Well maybe the essential would really be a bronzer and blusher, but this one's a little bit special as GOSH's Bronzing Shimmer Powder does both! It happily combines 5 shades of shimmer that together achieves a beautiful bronzed rosy glow.


At first glance, this looks so pretty! - and a little scary might I add, as that it's completely covered in glitter, and the thought of that transferring to your face is maybe a little daunting. 


However it turns out to be just a covering and as soon as you rub on your brush, it flutters away like fairy dust to reveal a gorgeous pearlescent shimmer.


I must admit, that despite not really feeling some other GOSH products - I've actually been really impressed with this, it gives a subtle shimmer, brightens up the cheekbones, as well as doing the traditional bronzer job of adding that little bit of definition! It glistens beautifully in the sunlight without sparking outrageously like some of the cheaper blusher/bronzers that I have tried, and it just genuinley adds a sun-kissed look that all of us will be wishing for this summer.


Here is what GOSH say...
 'The silky smooth, perfumer free powder glides on like a dream - use a big make-up brush and sweep over faces, define cheekbones, collarbones, shoulders and enhance cleavage. Choose from shades 001 Bronze (creates a deep, bronze glow) and 002 Pink (creates a soft, rosy glow)'


I have been trying out shade 002, so here are a couple of swatches...



Overall, I would say that this has to be a summer special... Not only does it act as a blusher adding warmth and a summery glow to your face, but enhances your golden tan! 

GOSH's Bronzing Shimmer Powder gets a summer special rating of: 7/10

It retails for £8.17 and can be found at Superdrug

Speak Soon, 
Lucy Jo x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Lucy Jo's little gems All rights reserved
© Blog Milk Design
Powered by Blogger

^